Pioneer VSX-LX305 £1 249 9.2 Channel Receiver Imax Enhanced Dolby Atmos DTS:X
. . . . . . save £150 off our list price . . . . .
Designed for optimum IMAX® Enhanced and Dolby Atmos®/DTS:X movie playback in a seamless 7.2.2ch/5.2.4ch surround sound calibrated by Advanced MCACC, along with support for next-generation video/gaming standards including HDMI 2.1*1 with 8K, VRR, ALLM, QFT pass-through, the VSX-LX305 brings multi-dimensional excitement to your home entertainment. Dolby Atmos Height Virtualizer provides virtual sound effects without using height or surround speakers. And it’s Roon Tested so music streaming from AV equipment is super easy. Enjoy multi-room audio streaming with Sonos system, Chromecast built-in, DTS Play-Fi®, and Apple AirPlay 2. Finally, it works with Alexa or Ok Google for voice control.
HDMI 2.1 for a powerful viewing and gaming experience
The VSX-LX305 ensures its HDMI terminals*1 support 8K/60p (4:4:4/12-bit*2, 4:2:0/10-bit*3), 8K/30p (4:4:4/12-bit*2, 4:4:4/10-bit*3, 4:2:2/ 12-bit*3, 4:2:0/12-bit), 4K/120p (4:4:4/12-bit*2, 4:4:4/10-bit*3, 4:2:2/12-bit*3, 4:2:0/12-bit) video passthrough to compatible displays, as well as HDCP 2.3*4 so you will have no problem when upgrading to new devices. HDMI 2.1 also supports VRR (Variable Refresh Rate) to eliminate lag, stutter and frame-tearing to deliver a fluid gaming experience. Various enhancements such as ALLM (Auto Low Latency Mode) and QFT (Quick Frame Transport) help to optimize latency and further limit lag to ensure you’ll always be on top of your game.
*1 HDMI 2.1 specification, HDR10+, and passthrough capabilities described are supported on HDMI IN 1–6, HDMI OUT MAIN and SUB/ZONE 2 in sub mode output. *2 DSC signals only. *3 DSC signals only when input via HDMI IN 4-6. *4 All HDMI terminals support HDCP 2.3.
The VSX-LX305 is IMAX Enhanced, certified to deliver the dynamic and heart-pounding sound presented by DTS just as intended by the filmmaker, and provide an immersive experience on your home theater.
Dolby Atmos®/Dolby Surround Upmixing
The VSX-LX305 is compatible with 7.2.2ch/5.2.4ch configuration of the latest theater sound platform, Dolby Atmos®. You can reproduce object-oriented sound in smooth, curving movements, or the realistic three-dimensional movement overhead by the top speakers. Other audio codecs such as PCM and DSD can be upmixed using Dolby Surround for enjoying 3D surround sound.
DTS:X®/DTS Neural:X Upmixing
DTS:X is the next-generation audio codec from DTS that leverages object-based audio to enable new immersive and interactive audio experiences. Enjoy a seamless soundscape with 7.2.2ch/5.2.4ch surround system offering maximum excitement. Other audio codecs such as PCM and DSD can be upmixed using DTS Neural:X for enjoying 3D surround sound.
Dolby Atmos Height Virtualization
When playing any Dolby format, engaging the Dolby Atmos Height Virtualizer enables a more immersive listening experience, creating a virtual surround and height effect from traditional speaker layouts without employing additional surround or height speakers.
Apple AirPlay 2
Apple AirPlay 2 lets you effortlessly stream music or podcasts to speakers throughout your house using any Apple device or by asking Siri, and it all stays in perfect sync.
Advanced MCACC Auto Room Tuning featuring Auto Phase Control Plus
Advanced MCACC adjusts the sound according to the listening room and speakers, and also creates clearer sound by suppressing the standing waves that occur between walls or ceiling and floor. Measurement of up to nine positions can be saved for a wide listening area. Auto Phase Control Plus* makes real-time analysis of the phase difference, and automatically compensates the gap between the LFE and main signals, providing strong bass and clear high-frequency sound.
*Effectiveness depends on content.
Works with SONOS
By bringing the VSX-LX305 into the Sonos eco-system with Connect or Port, you can play any music or audio source on your Sonos app. With “Volume Pass Through” mode selected at the Sonos App settings, you’ll be able to control the volume of the unit by Sonos app or by itself. Enjoy high-quality playback from the AV receiver by Sonos app, just as you would with your favorite Sonos system.
*Connection of maximum 3 Sonos devices is supported.
Powered Zone 2 with Dedicated DAC
With the powered feature, the VSX-LX505 can directly drive speakers in other rooms, without the need for a separate amplifier. What’s more, the dedicated DAC for Zone 2 lets you listen to all digital audio sources.
Zone B Output for Wireless Headphones
The VSX-LX305 is equipped with Zone B audio output terminals for expanding the Main Zone sound. You can listen to the sound playing in the living room via wireless headphones.
The VSX-LX305 works with Ok Google, so you can control playback of various music services supported by Chromecast by asking a Google Assistant enabled device to play, stop, skip, or take the volume up or down. This receiver also works with Alexa, so you can also use voice commands to control supported music services in mulutiple rooms* via Alexa built-in device. Thanks to both voice controls, you can easily operate and enjoy music services or Internet radio with your voice, without using a remote control or smartphone app.
*Alexa multi-room music may require a firmware update
High Quality Audio transmit by Bluetooth® wireless technology
The VSX-LX305 features built-in Bluetooth® receiver and transmitter. Thus not only can you listen to the sound transmitted from your smartphone or tablet with the AV receiver, but you can also listen to the sound input to the AV receiver from Bluetooth® headphones. Supporting aptX and aptX HD codecs for audio transmission, you can enjoy high-quality sound with low latency with compatible headphones.
- Channels: 9
- Amplification Type: Direct Energy
- 185 W/ch (6 ohms, 1 kHz, THD 10 %, 1ch Driven)
- 170 W/ch (8 ohms,1 kHz, THD 1 %, 1ch Driven IEC)
- IMAX Enhanced
- Dolby Atmos®, Dolby Surround Upmixer
- DTS:X®, DTS Neural:X® Upmixer
- Reflex Optimizer
- Dolby Atmos Height Virtualizer
- Dolby® TrueHD, Dolby Digital Plus
- DTS-HD Master Audio, DTS-HD High Resolution Audio, DTS 96/24, DTS-ES, DTS Express
- DSD Disc (SACD) Playback via HDMI (2.8 MHz/2 ch, 5.1 ch)
- Digital Quad-Core 32-bit DSP (Cirrus Logic) + Aureus™ floating-point DSP (TI)
- 192 kHz/24-bit D/A Conversion for Hi-Res Audio
- Enhanced Audio Return Channel (eARC) on HDMI Out (Main)
- Advanced MCACC Auto Room Tuning: Auto Phase Control Plus: Subwoofer EQ, Multi-point Standing Wave Control and Dirac Live® Room Correction
- Advanced Sound Retriever (2ch)
- Advanced Surround Modes: Classical, Unplugged, Entertainment Show, Drama, Advanced, Game, Action, Rock/Pop, Sports
- Support HDMI 2.1*1 with 8K, VRR (Variable Refresh Rate), ALLM (Auto Low Latency Mode), QFT (Quick Frame transport), DSC (Display Stream Compression), and QMS (Quick Media Switching) pass-through
- Supports HDR10+, HDR10, and HLG; 8K/60p (4:2:0/10-bit), 8K/30p (4:4:4/10-bit, 4:2:2/12-bit), 4K/120p (4:4:4/10-bit, 4:2:2/12-bit), 4K60p (4:4:4/12-bit) and BT.2020 colour; DeepColour™ (36-bit), “x.v.Colour”, LipSync, and HDCP 2.3
- Dolby Vision™ Compatible
- Ultra HD Upscaling (4K to 8K, 1080p to 8K/4K)
Home Network Features
- Works with Alexa supporting multi-room music*2
- Works with OK Google and Chromecast built-in
- DTS Play-Fi with Pioneer Music Control App*3
- Apple AirPlay 2 with Siri Voice Control
- Works with SONOS supporting multiple Sonos Connect control and Volume Pass Through modeAmazon Music HD*4, Spotify, TIDAL, and Deezer Hi-Fi Music Streaming Services Ready*5
- Internet Radio with TuneIn
- Hi-Res Audio File Playback via USB/Network
- Up to 192 kHz/24-bit ALAC*6, AIFF, FLAC, WAV (RIFF) and 11.2 MHz DSD*7
- Personal Preset
- Dialog Enhancement
- Dual Band (5 GHz/2.4 GHz) 802.11ac Compliant Wi-Fi® Built-in
- Bluetooth® Wireless Technology Transmitter/Receiver (Version: 4.2, Profile: A2DP 1.2/AVRCP 1.3, Codec: SBC/aptX/aptX HD (TX), SBC/ AAC(RX)) Built-in
- Pioneer Remote App*3 Ready for Multi-room Entertainment Control and
- Network Streaming
- User-Friendly GUI with System Setup Menu
- On-Screen Information for Audio, Video and Network
- Web Setup
- Auto Power Off in HDMI Standby Through
- DAB/FM Tuner 40 Presets
- Sleep Timer
- User-Friendly Simple Remote Control
- Power Requirements: AC 220-240 V, 50/60 Hz
- Power Consumption/Standby: 760 W/0.1 W
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 536 x 265 x 458 mm
- Weight: 10.4 kg
- HDMI 1 In
- USB 1 In for USB Drive
- MCACC/Dirac Live Setup MIC In
- Phones 1 Out
- HDMI 6 In (4 Assignable)
- HDMI 2 Out (1 for MAIN, 1 for SUB)
- Ethernet 1 In
- USB 1 In for USB Drive
- Audio 4 In (Assignable)
- Phono (MM) 1 In
- Digital Coaxial 1 In (Assignable)
- Digital Optical 1 In (Assignable)
- Subwoofer 2 Pre Out
- ZONE 2 Pre/Line Out/ZONE B Line Out
- Speaker 9ch Out (FRONT, CENTER,
- SURROUND, HEIGHT 1/Bi-AMP/ZONE 2,
- SURROUND BACK/HEIGHT 2/ZONE 3)
- IR 1 In/1 Out
- 12 V Trigger 2 Out
- DAB/FM Antenna