Q Acoustics 3050i £649 Floorstanding Stereo Pair - finished in English Walnut
The all new, Q 3050i floorstanding speaker has been created using design principles taken from our critically acclaimed Concept 500 Series, resulting in stunning sonic performance and beautiful aesthetics.
- Striking floorstanding Speakers with twin 165mm and 22mm precision drivers
- The Q 3050i cabinet uses Point-to-Point (P2PTM) bracing techniques to reduce intrusive cabinet vibrations for a purer sound
- HPE™ technology eliminates sympathetic resonance within the enclosures by equalising air pressure within the 3050i cabinet
- Conventional terminal panel cut-outs have been removed, giving greatly improved structural integrity to the enclosures and new low profile binding posts
- Uses a 22mm decoupled High Frequency Driver with wide surround creating a wide even dispersion of stereo
LEADING TECHNOLOGY; OUTSTANDING PERFORMANCE
The Q 3050i speakers boast a range of unique technologies including HPE™ and P2P™ to ensure these floorstanding speakers deliver a truly exceptional sound.
HPE™ (Helmholtz Pressure Equalizer) technology designed to convert pressure to velocity and reduce the overall pressure gradient within the speaker enclosure, has been applied to the Q 3050i to reduce cabinet resonance. This technology is perfect for taller loudspeakers that tend to resonate at a single favoured frequency.
Q Acoustics P2P™ bracing across the 3000i Series supports the parts of the enclosure that need to be stiffened making the enclosures exceptionally rigid, improving the focus of the stereo image and giving the soundstage more accuracy than in previous ranges.
HIGH FREQUENCY DRIVER UNIT FOR AN UNALTERED SOUND
Q 3050i tweeters are decoupled from the baffle via a compliant suspension system. Vibrations from the woofer, which can impair the performance of the tweeter are isolated allowing the tweeter to perform with dramatically reduced interference.
Whichever 3000i model you choose the cone is precision formed from impregnated and coated paper and teamed with a newly developed, low-hysteresis, rubber surround. The coated paper cone provides the optimum balance between stiffness and self-damping which means it can accelerate without flexing and stop very accurately without unwanted resonances.
BEAUTIFUL INSIDE & OUT
Q 3050i range features all new enclosure aesthetics and offers 4 new contemporary finishes; English Walnut, English Walnut, Carbon Black or Arctic White. All are finished with an attractive chrome bezel around each driver and feature magnetic speaker grilles.
Low profile binding posts have been incorporated into the Q 3050i with sockets deep enough to accept 4mm Banana Plugs. This floorstanding speaker can be positioned very close to a rear wall even when banana plugs rather than spades or bare wires are used.
Floorstanding Pair package components:
- 2 x 3050i Floorstanding speakers
- 2 x Foam Bungs
- 2 x Speaker Stabilisers
- 2 x Speaker Grilles
- 1 x User Manual
- 1 x Handling Gloves.
- 8 x Speaker Spikes
- 4 x Fixing Screws
Floorstanding Speaker: 3050i English Walnut (x2)
- Enclosure type: 2-way reflex
- Bass Unit: 2 x 165 mm ( 6.5 in)
- Treble Unit: 22 mm (0.9 in)
- Frequency Response (+3 dB, -6 dB): 44 Hz – 30 kHz
- Average Impedance: 6 Ohm
- Minimum Impedance: 4 Ohm
- Sensitivity (2.83 V@1 m): 91 dB
- Stereo Amplifier: 25 - 100 W
- AV Receiver (2 ch. driven): 50 - 165 W
- Internal Amplifier Power: -
- Crossover Frequency: 2.5 Hz (var)
- Effective Volume: 32.4 L (1977 cu in)
- Dimensions W/H/D mm: 310 x 1020 x 310 mm (12.2 x 40.2 x 12.2 in) (inc. grille, terminals and feet)
- Enclosure width: 200mm (7.9 in)
- Weight (per speaker): 17.8 kg (39.2 lbs)