Yamaha XDA-QS5400RK MusicCast Multi-Room Streaming Amplifier – 4 Zone, 8 Channel – £2 199
Specially designed for custom integration of whole home audio systems, the “QS” (Quad Streamer) provides four zones of audio streaming and eight channels of high-performance audio amplification in an ultra-slim, 1U-high, rack-mountable enclosure. Expandable and extremely flexible, the QS works with the MusicCast multi-room audio system, allowing it to be linked with home theater AV receivers, sound bars and Hi-Fi gear in a wide variety of configurations.
- Designed for custom integration of a MusicCast multi-room audio system connected via Ethernet LAN in a rack or cabinet
- Streams four zones of audio per unit, expandable to 32 zones with simultaneous playback in linked groups of up to 20 zones each
- Eight channels of audiophile-grade Class D amplification assignable to any zone, bridgeable and 4-ohm capable, featuring a unique ground loop/hum-free circuit design
- Built-in Pandora®, Spotify Connect, SiriusXM Internet Radio, TIDAL, Deezer, Napster and more, plus access to music libraries and linked external sources
- Easy control via a free MusicCast app and 3rd-party control systems
- 1U high, rack-wide enclosure; removable rack ears and faceplate included
Designed from the ground up for custom installation, the “QS” represents the ultimate integrated solution for filling every room in a home with extraordinary sound.
The QS packs four rooms of audio streaming and eight channels of audiophile-grade amplification into a remarkably slim, 1U-high enclosure, allowing you to fully-optimise your valuable rack real estate.
Multiple QS units can be used together to expand up to 32 zones with simultaneous playback of linked groups up to 20 zones each. In addition, the QS offers four zone preouts that enable it to be combined with the Yamaha XDA-AMP5400RK, a companion multi-room amplifier, to provide more power or more speaker coverage for large areas in a home. The preouts may also be used to connect powered subwoofers or subwoofer amps.
As a member of the MusicCast family, the QS integrates seamlessly with Yamaha AV receivers, sound bars and more. Now everything – from a surround sound home theatre to a bedroom TV system to in-ceiling speakers in the kitchen – can all work beautifully together.
Access all of your favourite music, including built-in streaming services and music libraries on smartphones, tablets and network-attached storage devices.
(Streaming service availability varies by region and may change or be discontinued without notice.)
Want to hear TV sound or vinyl records throughout the home? Link to a MusicCast receiver, sound bar or turntable to access audio from virtually any source.
The QS supports IP control by 3rd-party control systems used in many of today’s most advanced smart homes.
It’s also easy to set up and control with the free MusicCast app, which offers unique personalisation features including the ability to assign custom images to rooms, and to rename, rearrange and hide sources.
No ordinary amp, the QS employs ultra-efficient ICEpower integrated circuits to deliver eight channels of pristine, musically-dynamic digital amplification at 50 watts/channel (8 ohms) with an outstanding 10 Hz to 22 kHz (+0/-3 dB) frequency response and 106 dB signal-to-noise ratio. It is 4 ohm capable at 100 watts/channel and bridgeable to 200 watts/channel (8 ohms).
The curse of the custom integrator: ground loop hum, a common and vexing side effect of connecting a bunch of electronics together in a rack. The QS takes care of it with a brilliantly-engineered differential circuit design. Sometimes it’s what you don’t hear that sounds the most amazing.
Experience every detail of your favourite recordings. The QS supports high-res audio playback up to 192 kHz/24-bit, and employs the same premium ESS Sabre DACs (Digital-to-Analogue Converters) and PML capacitors used in our flagship AVENTAGE AV receivers.
The audio performance of the QS is further enhanced with a suite of exclusive Yamaha technologies, including our Compressed Music Enhancer, Advanced Bass Extension Processing and volume adaptive EQ. The result – it always sounds great.
Mount it in a rack with the included ears or remove the ears for shelf installations. The included magnetic faceplate discourages tampering and provides the perfect cosmetic finish.
The QS is truly made for custom integration, with Euroblock-style speaker connectors, dual RJ-45 Ethernet ports and a detachable AC cable for smart connectivity, and IP, IR and 12 V Trigger Out jacks for versatile control.
In addition to supporting external sources through linking with MusicCast receivers and sound bars, the QS offers an Aux input that can be selected for playback in any zone and a Cut-In input that automatically senses an input signal and temporarily overrides the selected source. This gives you flexibility to integrate media players, CD changers or even paging systems. Thru-Outs let you set up a bus to additional QS units.
The Chime contact closure inputs let you generate a doorbell chime or, for example, an alert for a gate from a common switch. Output zones and chime sound selection can be configured using the Web Setup.
Access Basic or Advanced settings via a Web Setup menu and store commonly-used profiles for faster configuration of future projects.
- File Format:MP3 / WMA / MPEG-4 AAC, ALAC: up to 96 kHz / 24-bit, WAV / FLAC / AIFF: up to 192 kHz / 24-bit
- Ethernet:Yes (2 terminals)
- Channel: 8 channel (2 channel x 4)
- Minimum Speaker load Capabillity: 4 ohm
- BTL Connection: Yes
- Speaker Output Terminal: 4 (EuroBlock)
- Preout Terminal:4#
- Audio Input Terminal: RCA: 2 (CUT IN, AUX), USB: 4
- Audio Output Terminal:RCA (2-ch through out): 2 (CUT IN, AUX)
- Trigger In / Out:0 / 4
- Remote In / Out:1 / 1
- Rated Output Power (1 kHz, 0.9% THD, 2ch driven):Normal (4 / 8 ohms): 90 / 50 W, Bridge (8 ohms): 100 W
- Rated Output Power (1 kHz, 0.9% THD, 1ch driven):Normal (4 / 8 ohms): 100 / 50 W, Bridge (8 ohms):200 W
- Dynamic Power (20 Hz-20 kHz, 0.08% THD, 2ch driven, 20 ms burst):Normal (4 / 8 ohms): 80 / 40 W, Bridge (8 ohms): 150 W
- Dynamic Power (1 kHz, 0.9% THD, 2ch driven, 20 ms burst):Normal (4 / 8 ohms): 100 / 50 W, Bridge (8 ohms): 200 W
- Dynamic Power (1 kHz, 0.9% THD, All ch driven, 20 ms burst):Normal (4 / 8 ohms): 80 / 50 W, Bridge (8 ohms):170 W
- Maximum Effective Output Power:[1-ch driven, 1 kHz, 10% THD] Normal (4 / 8 ohm): 130 / 65 W, Bridge (8 ohm): 260 W
- Total Harmonic Distortion:[SP OUT, 20 Hz-20 kHz, 25 W, 8 ohm] 0.04%, [PRE OUT, 20 Hz-20 kHz, 1 V] 0.005%
- Frequency Response:[1 kHz + 0 / -3 dB] PRE OUT NET / USB IN, AUX IN: 10 Hz-22 kHz, SP OUT NET / USB IN, AUX IN: 10 Hz-22 kHz
- Signal to Noise Ratio:[PRE OUT NET / USB IN] 114 dB, [PRE OUT AUX IN] 108 dB, [SP OUT NET / USB IN] 106 dB, [SP OUT AUX IN] 104 dB
- Rated Output Level / Output Impedance:[PRE OUT L / R, 1 kHz] 2.0 V / 470 ohm
- Maximum Output Level:[PRE OUT L / R, 0.9% THD] 4.0 V
- [PRE OUT L / R, 0.9% THD] 2.4 V:[SP OUT 1 V Input] 25.8 dB
- Input Sensitivity:[1 W Power, 8 ohm] 150 mV, [MAX (50W) Power, 8 ohm] 1.0 V
- Web Setup:Yes
- Direct Mode:Yes
- Monaural Downmix:Yes (stereo playback or monaural downmix selectable)
- Compressed Music Enhancer:Yes
- Volume Adaptive EQ:Yes
- Volume Control:Support Terminals: PRE OUT / SP OUT, Range: Mute, -80 dB ~ 0 dB, Step: 0.5 dB
- EQ Characteristics:[Bass] Variable Width: +6.0 dB ~ -6.0 dB / 0.5 dB step, Centre Frequency: 350 Hz, [Mid] Variable Width: +6.0 dB ~ -6.0 dB / 0.5
- dB step, Centre Frequency: 1.1 kHz, [Treble] Variable Width: +6.0 dB ~ -6.0 dB / 0.5 dB step, Centre Frequency: 3.5 kHz
- Bass Extension:Yes
- Power Consumption:130 W, [All Zone On] No Signal Condition: 40 W, [All Zone Off] Chime On: 18.2 W, Cut In Power On Enable: 18.2 W
- Standby Power Consumption:Network Standby Off: 0.2 W, Network Standby On(1 Zone): 3.2 W, Network Standby On(All Zone): 6.0 W
- Power Management (Auto Power Standby):5 / 20 min, 2 / 4 / 8 / 12 hours selectable
- Dimension (W × H × D) mm:[Table Top Mount with Adhesive Feet] 437 x 46 x 443 mm; 17-1/4” x 1-3/4” x 17-3/8”, [Table Top Mount with Adhesive
- Feet and Faceplate] 437 x 46 x 453 mm; 17-1/4” x 1-3/4” x 17-7/8”, [Rack Mount] 481 x 44 x 443 mm; 18-7/8” x 1-3/4” x 17-3/8”, [Rack Mount with
- Faceplate] 481 x 44 x 453 mm; 18-7/8” x 1-3/4” x 17-7/8”
- Weight:6.3 kg; 13.9 lbs.